Provider Responsibilities

4-C CACFP Participation Requirements:

  • Maintain regulation (certification or license)
  • Serve meals and snacks in accordance with the Meal Pattern
  • Record daily (on paper or online) the food served, children in attendance, and meal counts
  • Submit your claim for reimbursement to 4-C monthly
  • Participate in at least 3 home visits a year with 4-C Nutrition Specialists
  • Enroll all children in care on the program (and update once a year)
  • Once a year complete a Record Keeping Assignment

What about Record Keeping?

Record keeping is an important part of operating an in-home business such as child care and food costs are the most time-consuming part of this task. If you are reluctant to join the Food Program because of the record keeping requirements, realize that you would be required to do most of the same record keeping on your own for business purposes.

What paperwork do I need to submit each year?

  • Monthly Claim: Your monthly meals and attendance must be recorded daily and turned in by the 5th of the following month.
  • License or Certification: A copy of your most current license or certification is due immediately when any changes occur.
  • Enrollment Forms: Due immediately when a child enrolls in your care. Remember to include any applicable diet restrictions.
  • Child Re-Enrollment Form: Due annually in April.
  • Record-Keeping Assignment: Due annually on June 1st.
  • Tiering Forms: Due annually at the beginning of July.