Canned pears and cheese go well together in this quesadilla, with lots of added flavor from basil, onion, and pepper jack cheese.
- 2 wheat tortillas (8" diameter)
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 canned pear halves (sliced thin)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sprinkle cheese, onion, and dried basil on half of each tortilla. Place pear slices on top of other ingredients in each tortilla.
- Brush each side of folded tortillas with olive oil.
- Heat each folded tortilla in a non-stick skillet until cheese melts, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Cut quesadilla into four pieces and serve immediately.