Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Replace mayonnaise with a tangy, Italian salad dressing to create a delicious new twist on tuna salad. Serve it in a pita, on a bun or roll, on top of crackers, or by itself.
- 9 ounces Tuna, chunk style, canned in water, drained
- 3/4 cup Carrots, fresh, peeled, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cucumber, fresh, unpeeled,
- 1/4" diced 2/3 cup Peas, frozen
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 Whole-wheat pitas
Place drained tuna in a medium bowl. Break apart chunks of tuna, using a fork. Add carrots, cucumbers, peas, and salad dressing. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until salad is chilled and peas are thawed. Cut each pita in half. Place 1/2 cup of tuna salad into the pocket of each pita half.