Family Child Care Certification
Para ayuda en Español por favor contacte a 4-C a email@example.com o al teléfono 608-271-9181.
También puede visitar la sección en español de nuestro sitio web en https://www.4-c.org/espanol/certificacion.html.
Thank you for your interest in family child care certification!
Certification is a type of regulation that allows you to care for children in your own home. Certified providers can care for up to 3 children under the age of 7 who are not related (to the provider) with a maximum group size of 6 children. Group/Size Estimator
Why would I want to become certified?
You would be:
- Eligible to participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program - earn money by serving the children healthy food!
- Listed in the 4-C Referral Department database
- Authorized to care for state-funded child care clients through the Wisconsin Shares program
- Qualified to participate in YoungStar and receive annual grants to put towards your child care
- Provided with wide variety of resources and technical assistance to help you succeed in the business of family child care
- Able to enhance your professional image as a child care provider
DCF Certification Regulations – DCF 202 - Rules related to child care certification.
Wisconsin Department of Children & Families Certification website – A wealth of information about Certification including forms, training, contacts and memos from DCF.
If you have questions, please email 4-C at certification@4-C.org.