Normally, I write an article each year telling providers how Halloween is a wonderful opportunity for you to promote your program.
- Put a sign outside your home that tells visitors that you are a child care provider and have openings: “Sally’s Day Care – Preschool Openings”
- Hold a party that evening for the children in your program
- Hold an open house for parents of trick-or-treaters who may know other parents of young children
- Invite trick-or-treaters into your home to get their candy
- Have business flyers available for interested parents
- Put your business card in the children’s candy bag
But all of this is in question this year as many are planning not to send their children out or to pass out candy from their own home. Although this is a shame, it something that should be seriously considered in light of the pandemic we are all in.
So, what are you planning for Halloween this year?
Tom Copeland – www.tomcopelandblog.com