Party Snack Ideas
Getting ready for the Super Bowl? How about making football sandwiches. Cut bread into the shape of a football. Spread bread slice with peanut butter. Add raisins to make the string handgrips of the football. Can be credited as 1 bread + 1 meat alternative on the Food Program.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups yogurt or cottage cheese, 1 lb. Chopped fruits, optional toppings (nuts, unsweetened cereals, honey or maple syrup).
- Put yogurt or cottage cheese in individual bowls.
- Add fruits (applesauce, raisins, chopped dates, berries, bananas, etc.)
- Top with nuts, cereals, and/or honey or maple syrup (optional).
- Serves 6 preschoolers or 3 school-age children for snack.
- Can be credited as 1 meat alternative + 1 fruit on the food program.
Interested in additional resources and ongoing nutrition education?
Contact 4-C to learn more about participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program!