Meal and Snack Planning
Figuring out what to feed the kids in your care each day can be a challenging task when trying to incorporate child preference, nutrition, cost, and prep time. Below are some resources to help with this task.
Please note: recipes, meals ideas, and other information found in the links is not guaranteed to meet the USDA Meal Patterns.
- USDA Team Nutrition CACFP Recipes
- What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl Recipes
- Tofu Recipes (DPI)
- Super Healthy Kids
- Snacks without Crackers recipes
- 4-C Master Mix (PDF)
- Health Snacks for Preschoolers
- 54 Best Snacks for Kids
- Sample Menus (DPI)
- 51 Health Snack Ideas
- Snacks Without Crackers menusSnacks Without Crackers menus
- CACFP Weekly Menu Template
- Family Style Dining Guide
- Creating a Positive Meal Environment
- Phrases That Help & HinderPhrases That Help & Hinder
- Make Today a Try Day Ballots
- Healthy Bites
- Got Dirt?
- Got Veggies?
- Grow It, Try It, Like It! Fun with Fruits and Vegetables at Family Child Care
|See more helpful links on the CACFP Links page|