Fresh Peach Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup margarine (or butter)
- 1 cup all purpose-flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unpeeled, chopped, fresh peaches
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Add margarine, sugar, salt, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Mix flours and baking powder and stir into milk mixture just until blended. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in peaches.
- Fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 450° about 20 minutes or until brown.
Interested in additional resources and ongoing nutrition education?
Contact 4-C to learn more about participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program!
Courtesy of The Joy of Snacks by Nancy Cooper, R.D.