Delicious Oven French Fries
Makes 5 servings
- 2 potatoes (large, about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (ground)
- 8 cups water (ice)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes (hot)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice and pepper flakes in plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.