Crunchy Chicken Tenders
Makes 4 Servings
- 3/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound skinless chicken, about 8 to 10 pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a dark baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon basil, garlic powder, parsley, and Parmesan.
- In a second small bowl, beat the egg whites, milk, and remaining ½ teaspoon basil.
- Working with 1 piece at a time, dip the chicken tenders into the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides. Dip one side of the chicken tender into the bread crumb mixture, then flip it over to coat the other side. Dip the chicken tender back in the egg mixture and then back in the bread crumb mixture so it has two coats of each.
- Place the coated chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken, egg mixture, and bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken tenders over, drizzle with more olive oil, and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.