Para ayuda en Español por favor contacte a 4-C a firstname.lastname@example.org o al teléfono 608-271-9181.
Welcome to Family Child Care Certification!
The Certification Department's objectives are:
To assist child care providers in obtaining and maintaining standards of regulation (certification) for the health and safety of children in care
To help providers succeed in their business practices by offering technical assistance and support
How many children can I care for if I'm certified?
Certified child care providers may care for up to three children unrelated to them under the age of seven with a group maximum of six children, which includes the providers own children and close relatives under age seven. More information on number of children allowed in care.
What are the advantages of being certified?
If you are a certified child care provider you are:
- Eligible to participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Listed in the 4-C Referral Department database
- Eligible to care for state-funded child care clients through the Wisconsin Shares program
- Eligible to participate in YoungStar, Wisconsin's Child Care Quality Rating and Improvement System
- Given access to a wide variety of resources and technical assistance to help you succeed in the business of family child care
- Able to enhance your professional image as a child care provider